Welcome to my STEM Roots blog! … a place to share ideas for engaging, quality science teaching for the primary grades. With all the buzz about STEM, STEAM and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), there is a lot to talk about!
- What NGSS means for you and your students.
- How you can integrate STEM teaching into your classroom.
- How you can integrate STEAM–or the arts–into teaching about the sciences.
Along the way, you’ll learn about me and my approach to the lesson plans available in my STEM Roots TpT store. I’ll share what I’ve learned from my career experiences:
- Designing engaging and standards-aligned educational materials as an instructional designer and
- Integrating disciplines—like art and science—for a richer learning experience.
You’ll also learn a bit about my wonderful family. My engineer husband is an invaluable resources for any STEM topic. And my three product testers—(read, children)—are a natural fit for refining my lesson plans in a rewarding way.
So, thanks for stopping by! Take a look around, drop a comment or follow me!
I’m looking forward to learning with you as we all embark on the transition to a new set of science standards education!